As learning is also the need of the hour, so this curiosity is compulsory to develop in young learners. It can either be created by the healthy attitude of the teacher and environment or by the fruitful habits adopted by the learner.
In this era of mobile phones and social distractions, creating curiosity in learning is such a difficult task for both the teachers and students. As learning is also the need of the hour, so this curiosity is compulsory to develop in young learners. It can either be created by the healthy attitude of the teacher and environment or by the fruitful habits adopted by the learner.
For the Teacher:
Following are some of the strategies that will be proved very fruitful for creating curiosity in learning in young students, if adopted by the teacher;
Punishing and rewarding policies:
This is a very easy and effective method to generate interest of the students of both young and teenage towards something fruitful. For every correct answer, there must be a reward and for every wrong statement, there must a punishment. Getting a reward will generate the interest of almost 60% of students and the other 40% will learn from the fear of getting punished.
Giving assignments as homework and including grades will pressurize students to explore more about the specific topics and it will enhance their ability of self-learning. Those points will never fade from the minds of students that they learned from their own hard work.
Creating healthy presentation competitions will generate confidence among learners. They will for sure prepare them with strong arguments and clear concepts when it will be clear to them that they have to explain their knowledge in front of the whole class. Participation in all classes will make the environment productive and it will generate curiosity in learning.
Learning is not only limited to course outlines and syllabus things but it involves healthy values and abilities among learners. Group projects play an important role in developing these abilities in young people. When a task is assigned to a group of people they learn coordination, helping, and compromising with each other. Group projects stimulate their brains and develop healthy habits of learning.
Exploration and value-based learning:
In most cases, students become bore of the same course outlines and memorizing. So, it becomes a duty of a teacher to explore the nature of students and to be kind and gentle towards them. Harsh words and scolding will lower their learning spirit and it will for sure demotivate them. A teacher must develop such an inspiring personality, which initiates the character of the student to learn and grow.
Games based learning:
Games are very effective in teaching both the curricular and non-curricular outlines either in the form of mind games or physical games. A teacher must schedule mini-games sessions to initiate the interest of students towards fruitful things. Mind games can be in the form of quiz competitions, spelling competitions and debate competitions, etc.
Developing interest in a particular subject:
A teacher must understand the difficulties faced by the students in any subject. A teacher must develop interest by various methods. For example, in the case of science and mathematics, a teacher must tell interesting and advance information about topics, similarly in history and geography teacher must use good stories and flow charts to explain.
For the students
Learning is a two-way process. A teacher alone however cannot develop curiosity in learning. Here are few creative ideas that will help a student who is not interested in learning, to generate his/her interest towards learning something really productive.
Positive attitude towards productive things:
It is a fact that in this scientific era learning is the need of time. So, as soon as a student realizes the importance of learning, he/she must develop a positive attitude towards it. Respecting teachers, the company of good students, healthy hobbies, and management of time and energy are some of these positive attitudes.
Having attentiveness in any area of learning will take you towards productive things. For a student, it is very important to recognize his/her passion and struggle in that direction. Unintended areas of interest will lead you to towards spiritless learning. To create curiosity in learning, struggle for the interesting vibes of the article you are going to learn. Cooperate with your teacher while learning those things you are not interested in. This kind of passion and spirit will make any learning material attractive and fruitful.
Things that seem to be pointless and baseless at one interval of time prove them to be worth giving at some other point in life. So, basically, the learning habits that are very time-consuming and less effective now will surely give great benefits in the upcoming future.